Identify the Opportunity
Is there an opportunity?
How big is it?
When might it be realised?
All technology development projects require a significant amount of time and investment. It is therefore important to establish that, before commencing any project, there is both supply and demand and that the timelines for each can be aligned. The first step is therefore to review new and emerging technologies (‘supply’) and applications (‘demand’).
We are able to conduct both supply-and demand-led reviews and have recently completed the following assessments:
- Gas to Liquids (GTL) conversion technologies (‘supply’);
- Worldwide unconventional resources and reserves (‘demand’);
- Naturally-occurring gas hydrates (‘demand’).
Current focus areas also include:
- Fuel cells (‘supply’);
- Underground coal gasification (‘demand’);
- Inspection and cleaning of unpiggable pipelines (‘demand’).